View Single Post
March 27th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahijesus View Post
Dear ladies,
I guess I am the first one to respond the other way, since you asked for honest opinion; I am here to explain why I believe gay marriage should be illegal. I am not going to judge anyone, but if someone ask me to explain why I believe, what I believe, I guess I should explain my side, right?
Yes I have command to love everyone as a Christian, and I honestly try to do that (I fail sometime as a human), believe me I love my gay and lesbian friends. However I am totally against them getting married. Many of you asked, why people could be against some innocent loving people getting into marriage, well the reason is because marriage is defined by God, and the founders of this country as “a covenant between one man and one woman”, and there is a strong reason behind it. however if you choose not to believe this, than there is nothing wrong in gay marriage, but there are people who believe that marriage is a covenant meant for life, and it has many rules and regulations.
There are people who believe in something called open marriage, and they have a reason to say why they believe it, but may be most of us won’t agree for that, because we think marriage is between only two people. In the same way ,we believe marriage is suppose to be between a man and a women, That is why I think gay marriage should not be legalized.
Also there are many many research coming that is explaining the link between homosexual relationship and AIDS, sexually transmitted disease, drug dependency, mental illness, what not( I am in no way saying all the gay couple are prone for this) but we all agree with the ratio right?
Now if you want me to explain more, I can but I guess I proved my point, but please don’t mistaken me by thinking, I hate gay people, I don’t, but I don’t approve their actions, One other person asked shouldn’t we love them, is that not what Jesus told us, yes Jesus did say love everyone, but He never said affirm every behavior. Simply we love sinners but hate sin (I know I am a sinner too).
Thank you all for letting me explain my side of the argument, and I am open for comments and criticism, but pls don’t curse. Thanks again.
Thanks for sharing your views. That being said, I can't even begin to comprehend the things you've said because they are completely contradictory and offensive. I also think it's a negative way to introduce yourself to our DDC when this is your first post a.k.a. first impression.

A note to everyone: marriage existed BEFORE Christianity did. Same sex couples getting married will not harm anyone. Using religion to justify your bigotry is morally wrong and NEVER something I will accept. Using one single religion to define the lives of a nation is not acceptable. Especially when the nation is so divided when it comes to religion. I severely hope that marriage equality becomes a reality. It's not a "gay" issue, it's a human rights issue. It's not a question of if, it's a question of when. Gays will one day be granted marriage equality. It's a reality.

{ chemical 10/26/12}
Thanks *Kiliki* for my lovely siggy!!

Last edited by Dandelion; March 27th, 2013 at 12:48 AM.