Anitha's second pregnancy journal
View Single Post
March 27th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
13 weeks 2 days March 26th 2013
I had my NT scan this afternoon. They explained abt screening etc. Then explained that Sequenom, the company that does the MaterniT21 isn't accepting tests unless we fall under some kind of higher risk They did say Harmony accepted low risk women, BUT it has not really been tested for accuracy on low risk. Still they do it if I insisted, but they would recommend waiting for the part 1 results of the sequential screening at the least. I agreed & they proceeded with the NTscan and the blood draw.
Well, the crown to rump length was ~ 7.5 cm and it put me a little over 13 weeks, which would be on-target. The Nuchal translucency was 2.5 mm The baby was moving a lot arching the back, eating fingers etc and she had a hard time measuring and she settled at that measurement. I am definitely a bit worried that its at the higher end of normal
And then she tried the nub shot And she guessed
I'll be honest and say I do have some gender disappointment. This was my last chance to get a little baby boy. But God has his plans and I am sure its going to be amazing with two little girlies running around
She also said there was cyst on my right ovary and probably had ovulated from the right.
I am posting this at 13 weeks and 3 days March 27th and I have to record here that my M/S has been so much better yesterday and today. I actually feel human!!
Expecting baby girl September 29th
View Public Profile
Find all posts by Anitha