Topic: Human Rights
View Single Post
March 27th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by alittlelost View Post
Very well said I like the gentlechristianmothers site and tell christians who are looking for biblical led parenting to look there I'm not religious or christian, so I guess it's not my place to say so, but I don't think the bible endorses hitting children. those scriptures are taken out of context IMO where the real message, taken in context, is to guide your children and to be kind and gentle with children.

I think of this, too: Christians believe they are God's children. Yet, if anything BAD happens to them, they don't say "God did it to me". They give god credit for everything good and blame the devil for everything bad. that tells me that they don't think god is the kind of god to "punish" them because he wouldn't hurt his children. so why do they think god wants them to hurt their children?
I wholeheartedly agree, and thought the same way when I still was a Christian. I think that a lot of the more common teachings (hell, the trinity etc.) have no biblical basis, but that's a conversation for another day.

ETA: I love Gentle Christian Mothers!

Last edited by breathing for two; March 27th, 2013 at 04:10 PM.