View Single Post
March 28th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by lelila View Post
WOW! Congratulations! How wonderful! And you weren't trying!

Can I ask a few questions? I don't want to make you sad, but I was curious if it was your first MC and how far along you were when you MCd. Did you get your period after the D&C and if so, what was it like? Did your OB ever check your hormone levels (not just Hcg, but progesterone and stuff like that) to make sure that you had balance in your cycle?

I'm asking because I'm having trouble finding data on how quickly hormonal balance is established after loss. If you don't feel like answering, please don't. I don't want you to feel sad after getting such happy news.

All the best to you and a SUPER HEALTHY AND HAPPY NINE MOS!
Thanks,

I don't mind. I had a cycle after my D&C, it was extremely heavy, I was almost like spurting out blood (sorry TMI). I never actually bled after my D&C. My MD didn't check my levels, I had my own levels checked one month after and they were all normal. He said because I had conceived he didn't believe my hormones were an issue so I did it on my own just to be safe and I pretty much lost my HCG before my D&C because the tests kept getting fainter and fainter and after I took a test to be sure there wasn't HCG in my system and there was not.

I was right around 10 weeks and yes it was my first mc.