View Single Post
March 28th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to liz bevan Send a message via MSN to liz bevan
Thanks ladies - My post is only intended to let ppl know that things can go wrong and it is important to be made aware of the good and bad. It is each persons decision to have a home birth. I tell ppl our story because I do not want anyone else to suffer a loss if the loss can be prevented. I believe in my heart that things may have turned out differently if we were somewhere that could facility a c-section.

Our Story:
We decided to go all natural and give birth in a birthing centre. My midwife stated that if there were any issues that I wasn't that far from a hospital and it would only take 20 minutes to get there, but not to worry.
The midwife would not induce me earlier than 41.5 weeks, so That is what we did. I have really bad contractions. One top of another. Once it was time to push, I pushed for 1.5 hours. Our son was suck. THe doctor was called in and he would not use forceps. I was rushed off to another hospital. Which was 20 minutes away. The hospital did an emergency csection, but our son wasn't breathing. According to the doctor our son did not have oxygen for 20 minutes, so he died.

Thank you so much for the awesome siggie Claire
Our joys will be greater
Our love will be deeper
Our lives will be fuller
Because we shared your moment