View Single Post
March 28th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Veteran
Well, the baby looked in good health, so not disappointed there, and in fact very grateful. However my husband and I were VERY excited to learn the sex, and the baby was sitting with its legs crossed, ankles crossed, kneeling. The tech said her "best educated guess" would be girl, but she was not even remotely positive. She told us the very earliest we could come back was in 5 weeks because she needed to see heart chambers which she didn't get a good look at. I asked if there was ANY way to come back sooner and she refused.

The tech was also not very nice or personable. I asked if maybe jiggling my stomach or jumping a bit would help the baby move, and she shot me down and said "if it hasn't moved yet with me scanning it won't for anything else". The entire appointment took less than 20 minutes and the pictures we got were extremely blurry (even with a super full bladder).

It was great to see our LO, but I can't help feeling disappointed. We were planning to do a 3D ultrasound at 30 weeks, but I think I want to get it done in the next week. My husband thinks it's a waste of money to do it so early. Not the entirely joyful day I had planned in my mind.