View Single Post
March 28th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Administrator
Does that ever slow you down or affect your workout?

I think I have a much healthier body image than I used to, but I am almost 40 and I have had 5 kids so my body does have stretch marks, loose skin, cellulite, etc. I have found that my body issues affect my workout sometimes and I really have to tune myself out.

Last week when I was doing pushups in a tank where I could see my stomach hanging down, I looked down at my tummy midway through my pushups and nearly cried. It just upset me because it's still really saggy from that angle. I could barely get through my pushups after that and did less that day than I normally do because I think it mentally just messed me up.

Well this week the same thing happened. I told dh about this. He's pretty supportive about stuff like this. I saw my little belly hanging down looking like an old lady and it rattled me for a second. But then I turned my eyes forward so I couldn't see it, regrouped and focused on the push ups. I did really good and got them all done but it could have messed me up if I let it.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!