View Single Post
March 28th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I would skip the hormone check unless your insurance covers it. I had mine checked in January and the AMH test was almost $200. So now I know what my levels are....what does that matter? I'm still not pregnant.

I would pursue any and all avenues that your budget allows. If you can afford injectable IUIs, do them until your money runs out while you're waiting to adopt. Continue to foster. Seek adoption options. Don't give up! I told my husband that I can't let money be the reason we don't have another baby. We are smart, educated and resourceful people and there's no reason we can't find money to fund our efforts. I know at some point you have to stop spending money to try to have a baby, but I'm not there yet and I hope you're not either.

Good luck Lauren. You deserve your baby!!

**edited to add additional thoughts**
I can't imagine how badly your heart is aching after the loss of Ree, but I think *I* would begin TTC immediately. Having a new goal to focus on might take a little focus off your hurting heart.
TTC baby #2

lap surgery Apr 2010 stage 2 endo removed
IVF #1 BFN 11/2010
IVF #2 BFP! 12/2010
Wonderful, sweet daughter Khloe born August 2011
FET #1 - Oct 2012 BFN
FET #2 - Dec 2012 BFN
2nd lap surgery Dec 2012 stage 1 endo removed
IUI Apr 2013 cancelled due to producing 10 mature follicles
IUI June 2013 BFN
IVF #3 Sept 2013 BFN
IVF #4 Nov 2013 BFP! on 8dp3dt
Expecting boy/girl twins 8/1/14

Last edited by LindseyandJoeinAL; March 28th, 2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: to add one more thought