View Single Post
March 28th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
This is a pretty personal question, Raina. But reading over your "me in a nutshell" blurb made me wonder: At what point do you think you will talk to Hannah about her disorder?
Idealistically I would wait until she is out of school. I want her to enjoy her childhood, enjoy school, and not have to worry about this disease. Of course if something comes up malignant and she has to undergo Chemo then I will let her know sooner. Or if she questions me about the dr visits then I will tell her. Lying is a huge pet peeve of mine, and I will not lie to her if she asks me. Depending on her age may depend on how much information I divulge, but I pride myself on being as honest as possible and that’s what I plan to do. Waiting until she is out of school may be unrealistic but I am just taking it one day at a time. My prayer is that God will heal her of this, and I will never have to tell her…. But all I can do is pray and have faith that some day my daughter will be healed.

What school are you going to be attending?
More than likely University of Phoenix. There I can go to school and get my degree in education 100% online within 4-5 years. This seems to be the only school I can get my teaching degree online.

If you had $500 to spend at any online website (can you tell I love shopping?) where would it be?
OOooohhhh, that’s tough…. First thing that comes to mind is Carters… can you tell I love shopping for the girls?! The next thought is hmmmm, maybe I should be selfish for a moment and get myself something at Kays, or get clothes. Or I can do all of the above on ETSY!!!! That’s it….. If I had $500 to spend online it would be ETSY! I could easily get something for everyone and myself!

Do you have anything special planned this summer trip wise?
No, With the sequester I never know if I am going to be laid off, and I am trying to go back to school…. So No, prob no trips for a while… But I would be more than willing to have friends come visit me wink, wink

What grade would you like to teach?
With my degree I would be able to teach anywhere between 1st through 8th. I keep changing my mind…. Some days I think I would really enjoy teaching 1st or 2nd grade, and then other days I think I will enjoy teaching older kids like 7th or 8th. I would really like to teach English. I’m not sure yet. I am open to any possibility, and look for guidance from the Lord on what grade level I should be in.

How long did you host the TTC board?
I don’t remember, I think it was like 3-6 months. It wasn’t long at all…. Here’s an interesting fact… I was recently looking at my profile, I joined JM on Nov 3rd of 2011, and Soph was born Nov 2nd…. Weird huh! Hosting the TTC board was amazing. I really enjoyed hosting…. I looked forward to it every day, and made some amazing friends who ended up following me to the Dec DDC…. I wouldn’t trade the friendships I have made for anything.

Would you ever consider adopting a boy?
ABSOLUTELY! I really have a heart for wanting to adopt a child. My mom was in foster care when she was a kid, and was sent from foster home to foster home cause she was an older child and no one ever wanted to adopt her. If I do adopt, I would like to adopt an older child, like my mom was. Those children need to feel the loving arms of a mother wrap around them too. Maybe one day I will have the honor of adopting a little boy and showing him that there are people who care and love him. *sigh* Someday….

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!