View Single Post
March 28th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
My older sister TTC while BF, then BF while pregnant, and then tandem nursed for a long time. She didn't have any issues that I know of.

I started TTC right around the time my little girl weaned (around 29 months). What I found through charting during the several months before TTC was that, yes, I was ovulating, but my luteal phase was very short (7-8 days). This could potentially be due to breast feeding, and could potentially cause issues with not allowing enough time for implantation (there's conflicting data out there about this). After she weaned, my luteal phase did increase to about 9-10 days, and after three cycles I did get pregnant. Who's to say whether any of that had anything to do with weaning.

I would say there's no reason you can't give it a go...see what happens. I wouldn't wean simply for the purpose of TTC, unless you find that it's causing some kind of problem. Same goes for BF while pregnant as well as tandem nursing...I would only wean if there were other compelling reasons (i.e. my child was ready to wean, or it was causing some kind of problem, or I just couldn't handle it).

Good luck to you!

Are you pumping for your little one? Planning to pump?
Have a question or need support? BTDT and have wisdom to share?
Join us in the Pumping Mommies board!