Topic: Qotd: 3/28
View Single Post
March 28th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Veteran
Where we're living now: I like the apartment, mostly. There's things that drive me nuts, but that would be true anywhere here (Korea). It's certainly the fanciest place I will probably ever live, as when I choose I tend to go for practical over luxury. I wish our neighborhood was more English-friendly, but it's close to a subway so I can get wherever I need to easily enough. And the view is amazing.

For our real house, back in Virginia, the house is fine, but the neighborhood is awful. The DC area is super expensive, so we had to work with what we could afford. The first thing we're going to do when we move back is install a security system because there have been a couple of break-in attempts since we left. We have drug-dealing neighbors, and I think the problems are coming from the teenagers who hang out there. The school district is also the one crappy one in the county, so we'll be moving before the little one hits that age. Saving up for that now. Honestly, though, the house is plenty big, has a nice yard, good enough amenities, etc. It's not nearly as "nice" as our apartment here, but I miss it terribly just the same.