View Single Post
March 29th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Gretch...After reading on that other message board, I have learned that there is a difference between "secrets" and privacy. One thing that those mother's with children from DE have said is that they want to give the power to their children on who knows. This way if the child feels comfortable telling someone then they'll be able to, but if they want more privacy about it, then that's their choice too. But it gives their life their own power in the choice.

Everyone is different. I fully intend to talk to the child about it & there are books that I've seen on amazon.com for children with stories about it. One mom on the other board also made her own book with pictures (on Shutterfly, I think) to make her child's story more personal for him.

I do know what you mean about wanting to talk about it though. I was feeling totally alone & thinking that I don't know anyone IRL who has had a child by DE; I don't know any adult that's from DE. May be that's because no one speaks about it. I wish it were a more open thing like adoption is so that there wasn't that "alone" feeling. I asked my RE if there's a support group around me that she knows of. The only thing they could do was put me in touch with a woman whose had a son through DE 6 years ago so I can talk to her and hear her story/thoughts/emotions, etc.

I hate that "alone" feeling when I know I'm not the only one. I am definitely glad that you're on here to discuss stuff with. That other message board has helped me leaps and bounds. My psychologist has helped me. I'm definitely getting there. I want a pregnancy/baby/family soooo badly. I know that this is going to be my best chance at it. Hopefully, by the end of next month, I'll be able to go into the RE and get an action plan going!

I'll PM you my info so that if you think that they books helped you & will help me, you can send them. I can pay you for the shipping! Thanks! (Sorry for the long post!)
7/12/13 - 16 dpo beta=825
7/19/13 - 23 dpo beta=18,870
7/26/13 - 30 dpo beta=72,091