March 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyEllen View Post
Name (user & real): Mandy - MandyEllen

SO/DH: DH is Matthew
Do you have any children? Angel or otherwise? No children...never had a BFP

How long have you been TTCing: About 3 years

Where are you at in your journey (waiting, IUIs, IVF):Preparing to use an egg donor

Would you like to share how you got to this point in your journey?After IUIs and IVF and my diagnosis of DOR, it's apparent that my eggs aren't going to sustain a pregnancy. DH & I discussed adoption, but I really want to experience pregnancy & labor. Also, I feel that having DH's biological child would be an honor. We are seeing a psychologist to help me let go of the fantasy of my biological child. Hoping to do DE at some point this summer.

Anything else you would like to share?This board really is a life saver. I couldn't imagine going through the ups and downs of infertility without you ladies! I never thought about all the emotions that go into each cycle while meeting with my RE for the first time. For those of you who are newer to TTCMA, keep moving forward. Don't ever give up. Our babies are waiting for us!
I'd love to PM back and forth with you more about DOR and what it's like to let go of a biological connection, and the desire to carry a pregnancy even if it's not your eggs. It's a totally different mind space than most people ever have to get "in to" and I've walked almost all of that path except donor eggs (which we may do now as well at some point if it doesn't all work out with my eggs).