View Single Post
March 30th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Veteran
I am not sure how well I will be able to word this, but I am having some guilty feelings about this pregnancy. To be more specific: when I got pregnant with my son in 2009 I was younger, in the middle of planning my wedding, and working full time while going to college. I was very excited and always looked forward to my doctors appointments, and went out and bought lots of stuff after learning I was expecting a boy. I had professional pictures taken of him as a newborn and at various other stages and of course took many of my own. Looking back now, there are so many more things I wish I would have done like 4d ultrasound, belly cast, weekly belly photos, monthly baby pictures (labeled in cute outfit), growth chart, etc. I guess I was just too busy to do much research and many of these things didn't even cross my mind while I was pregnant.
Now thanks to Pinterest (where was Pinterest several years ago, seriously?) and ideas from other moms I know, I have all kinds of neat ideas of things to do with this baby. Problem is, me and my husband have talked it over and we both feel like it is not fair to do things with this baby that we didn't do with our first. I would hate for him to one day feel like we didn't care as much about him because we didn't do the same things for them both. I know it might sound silly but I already have guilt and anxiety over having a second, it has just been us and our son for 3 years and I am so worried about how he will handle not being the only one. Any tips or suggestions from other moms? This is stressing me out!