View Single Post
March 30th, 2013, 07:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
13 weeks and 5 days March 29th 2013
Well I spoke too soon about the MS the last few days were bad. Today especially was a holiday(GoodFriday) and I was looking forward to this extra day off to catch up on some cleaning and laundry. But noooo I could hardly get out of bed. Yuck!!

I got some news today. The fetal maternal medicine office called me. The genetic counselor Jenn called and said that my numbers from the screening came out great. My risk for Down syndrome is 1/2500 and for Trisomy 18 is 1/10000. She said those are great numbers and my risk just purely based on age was much higher and that based on the scan and the blood test they had gone down.

I would still have to get the second part blood test of the screening done at 16 weeks. Overall I am definitely relieved especially since the NT measurement seemed to be on the higher end of normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmehaffey View Post
I don't know what that second number you were worried about is or what it means, but I'm sure everything is fine with baby..
Thank you! The second number is the nuchal translucency that they measure. It is the fluid in the back of the neck. It's supposed to be between 1 - 2.5 mm normally at this stage of pregnancy. I was worried that it was on the higher end. But now I am glad the results came back ok.