View Single Post
April 2nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I hear you, Christine. The last 10 lbs after having Reid stayed around for about 2-3 years before I finally got rid of them, RIGHT before getting pregnant again! How's that for irony?

That said, the only thing that worked for me was eating less overall. I made it my 2012 resolution to not snack after supper. That was the only rule I made and I lost 11 lbs before getting pregnant at the end of August.

Between homeschooling, gardening, house cleaning and 4 kids, I just didn't have the time or motivation for any type of exercise aside from what I could work in to my every day life (like swimming in our pool or the occasional walk or just hoeing the garden). And I hated the thought of me "ruining" all the calories I burned by eating too much anyway. So that's why I decided eating less was the way to go for me.

I've tried to keep up my good habits throughout this pregnancy and so far I've gained 21 lbs, much less than my other pregnancies. I'm hoping I can keep it to 30 or less and then once the baby is born, I might only have those last 10 lbs to lose... again!!