View Single Post
April 2nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
over the rainbow?
Welcome to journaling! What a story! I'm glad they were able to diagnose you with something - and I'm glad that there is at least a hope of treating it permanently with losing weight. I have a history of migraines, as well as a good friend who was out of graduate school for a semester because of migraines, and we have both tried a variety of non-doctor approaches. Her method of choice is the chiropractor - it has really helped her to manage her headaches, and she only goes in occasionally for maintenance. I personally am a huge fan of acupuncture. I was having a lot of migraines in the fall, and the acupuncture really moved me from having three or four a week to one or two a month. It had been recommended by my doctor after we determined that it did not seem to be from a clear medical cause and that I wasn't interested in drugs because of TTC.

Of course, neither of these might be up your alley (and they probably wouldn't replace the drug!) but they might be something for you to look into.

Good luck with your journey and I look forward to getting to know you!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
My fertility blog: Only Infertile

NTNP since March 2012, TTC since August 2012, HSG = one blocked tube, SA = normal, 1st RE 7/11 - took a zillion tests, 2nd RE appt = Tubal issue with PCOS tendencies, possible polyp, August 2013 - possible polyp, September 2013 - new job, insurance change! January 2014 - new insurance, March 2014 - new RE appointment, then surprise BFP!