View Single Post
April 3rd, 2013, 04:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I don't fit in to either category! I am on CD 3 of our first TTC cycle! Soooo excited to get this journey under way!

DH and I have been married six months and I am absolutely fascinated by natural labor and delivery. I love birth stories and I love information gathering so that's what I'm here for. We are planning a natural birth with a midwife in a hospital because we are waaaaay out in the boonies.

An observation I've made over the course of my life that DH finds interesting as well: they don't need stitches and suction machines in the animal world! I grew up on a dairy farm and now I'm married to a dairy farmer. My DH attends about a hundred births per year (of the bovine variety) and the maternal death rate is about zero. Sometimes he will give a little help to a first timer if her labor is progressing slowly and even then it is slow, even pressure.

That's how I introduced him to the idea of NCB. He already knows that it is generally a bad idea to interfere with a natural process.