View Single Post
April 3rd, 2013, 07:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I agree with the other ladies. It's not mean, but there are also other ways to go about it. Doing exercise before eating junk food doesn't necessarily cancel it out, especially with sugar. There are still other issues associated with eating too much sugar or fats. You can exercise 7 days a week but if you eat fried foods and sugar everyday, you'll still be unhealthy, so I think you are misleading him by letting him believe that exercise will make it okay to have junk food.

I also agree that just limiting the junk food in the house would be helpful. IMO, we lead by example. If we eat junk, our children will want it also, so if I don't want my children to eat it, I don't eat it (when they are awake anyway ) If my children ask for a brownie or something unhealthy for a snack, they are just told they need to find something else. I let them have sweets and junk, at least a few times a week, but I feel it needs to be in moderation. If they ask for it more than that, they are met with a few healthier options and if they don't want those, I figure they aren't truly hungry.

Expecting baby #4 - It's a BOY!