View Single Post
April 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
~ ttc island baby #3 ~
I'm sure for some it was clearcut if you were already ttc and had a loss. I guess I could see that being much easier than the position I'm in. We were not ttc at all with this last pregnancy that I lost a few weeks ago. It came as a huge surprise to us, but once we got over the initial shock of it, we were really excited. I was especially excited and happy since I have always truly wanted 3 kids. Having two girls already, I thought this was my miracle baby.

I am rather torn as to where to go from here. Of course I can make a list of pros and cons. It's not easy to try to go back to life before, when I wasn't planning a baby and content with my two girls and the life we had. Life has changed now. The possibility of a third baby had presented itself making our world look completely different. I honestly don't know whether to now actively ttc or to just accept what has happened, deal with it and try to go back to life as it was before.

Of course my husband as well as I have worries now. What if this happens again? Could I cope with that? My husband worries more now about what if something worse happens? Is the risk greater than the reward or the reward greater than the risk? So many 'what if's?' to deal with

I'm just curious how others here made the decision to ttc after a loss?