View Single Post
April 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Regular
We were actively TTC but I didn't realize just HOW much I wanted a baby until I lost mine.

The whole ordeal was gut wrenching and I think it was made harder for me by the fact that I wasn't allowed to start TTC again straight away. After my doctor diagnosed the molar pregnancy, I was told to wait 6 months from the time my hCG levels dropped to zero before TTC again.

For me, the decision whether or not to try again was easy. I knew that it would be the only way that I would be able to heal over my MC. Being in medical limbo is horrible and every month that went by felt like such a waste of a good egg. The turning point in my depression came when I opted to ignore my doctor's advice and decided to TTC again after 4 months rather than 6. Since making that decision, I have felt so much better. I still grieve over my loss but I feel like at least I am able to TRY again and it gives me some hope. DH and I do worry that it could happen again but we both want a family so it's a risk we are willing to take.

The whole decision is highly personal and only you know what is best for you. Whatever you decide, I wish you all the luck in the world.

1 partial molar pregnancy and 2 ectopics. Read my story here.

Last edited by Lilly Ryan; April 3rd, 2013 at 07:55 PM.