View Single Post
April 4th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies. I'm lurking over here really quickly to see if anyone else has had this problem or may have any suggestions. I want to start off by saying I've become a fairly big carseat safety advocate so I'm aware of the basic mistakes and problems most parents come to face and none of those are my issue here, so I'm needing some help.

Our carseat's straps are never ever even as far as how long or tight they are. I had this problem in my DS' infant carrier seat and now with his convertible carseat as well. No matter how many times I completely loosen the straps, whenever I tighten them again the same strap is always looser than the other one. It's the strap that is farthest away from me as I'm standing outside of the car that is always looser and then the strap that is closest to me as I'm standing outside of the car is always tighter than the other. Does anyone know what could cause or solve this issue? I thought perhaps it was the angle I am pulling to tighten his straps so I've tried to pull to tighten the straps from different angles to no avail. I'm at a loss. It's a silly little thing that has really bugged me for a long time. Any advise on this!?
(Just FYI: both seats were purchased by me brand new, no the straps are not twisted in any way, etc. etc.)