Topic: Weight
View Single Post
April 4th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I was also skinny when I was younger. After my first son I did slim fast and lean cuisine meals and worked out like crazy. Got skinny again and stayed that way for years. The last few years I really gained a lot and had a hard time taking it off. I also have had thyroid issues. When ttc my 2011 baby I was on fertility meds and gained more weight. During my pregnancy I only gained about 5 lbs, probably because I was pretty overweight and my thyroid began working! After having him I lost quite a bit and then my thyroid went to crap and I gained a ton of weight! Ugghh.

Last summer I hit the diet hard. Joined Weight Watchers online and lost 20lbs in like 2 months by really following my points and tracking everything I ate. And I really still felt full. In September I added going to the gym and lost another 20 now. But when I started working out 4-6 days a week I stopped tracking my points. I did it more in my head and wasn't as strict with myself, so my weight loss has stopped right now. I need to get back to tracking!

I think that really keeping track of what you eat, whether it be Weight Watchers, Sparkpeople, or Fitness Pal plus working out is the key to it all. I have never been able to lose weight by just dieting, or just exercising. I always have to do both.