Topic: Weight
View Single Post
April 4th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenyx View Post
What were you doing as far as dieting? A few things that have helped me are tracking my food and exercise somewhere like Myfitnesspal (lets you have a more realistic idea how much you're eating and burning), drink TONS of water, exercising (I put Alex in the stroller and we go on walks, I do at least 3 miles most days sometimes upwards of 6. I used to do regular calorie restrictive diet and I did lose weight but it was hard. I was hungry and miserable all the time. This time I've been eating low carb/high fat and this has been the easiest 28 lbs I've ever lost, I feel great and I have a much easier time eating in a calorie deficit required for weight loss because I'm not feeling starved all the time. I have an insulin resistance, so less sugar is a good thing for me anyways.

Of course, different things work for different people and I'm not going to push what I'm doing on anyone at all. But just putting it out there, if you're interested in reading up on it I can PM you some info.
I don't do the 3 mile+ walk but around 2 miles is more like it. Yesterday I did 2 1/2 miles and walked mostly but ran some. I've tried different type diets and the one that has worked in the past was south beach diet before getting pregnant. My doctor suggested that as he thought my thyroids were having issues. The diet worked then but now after having Kynslee it just leaves me hungry and grumpy and longing for food. I'm trying to just watch what I eat and eat more veggies and everything in moderation. I have also been replacing some breakfasts with weigh loss shakes and been trying to eat lots of salads for lunch. I'm thinking about going back to the doc to try and have my thyroid tested or see if possible verge diabetic since that runs heavily in my family. I've had dizzy spells recently and not sure if due to weight or something else.

If you could PM some info I'll gladly look over it and also more info on what foods you eat. Like breakfast, lunch and dinner meals and do you eat any desserts? What low carb/high fat foods do you eat?
Baby #2 is on the way!! PROVERBS 3:5-6