View Single Post
April 6th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I disagree with people who say our system is so flawed because of wait times. Both of my parents have had VERY serious medical problems, (Stage 3 grade 3 cancer, and 2 heart attacks) and have been treated immediately! Sure you may have to wait a while if you want a Hip or knee replacement, but that's not life and death.. it's more a quality of life wait.

The other thing that I really like is someone who really isn't happy does have the option to go to the states and pay out of pocket themselves for "better" care.

Some of my friends have had 'the best' insurance, and after one incident can no longer find anyone to insure them for less than an arm and leg each year because they now have 'pre existing conditions'.... Also I've seen several examples of people who thought they had air tight insurance, only to not have their care covered because the insurance company started digging around, looking for any excuse not to pay.

I just think that if the 'norm' is with good insurance to still pay $150+ to walk in to the hospital with my kid I would more often than not skip it... and then I think about how sad it is that parents have to choose between feeding their family or seeking medical attention for their child....