Topic: BF Check-in
View Single Post
April 6th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Veteran
How are things going over all? Unfortunately it has been nothing but problems since about week 6. Just writing this makes me want to cry. It all started with thrush issues...once that got cleared up my supply dropped from my period starting and never really fixed itself. The ped said she wasn't gaining enough so we have to supplement with a spit up formula. Between her reflux and the supply issues she just wasn't getting enough. I'm still trying hard as ever to nurse her as much as she will. She usually gets really tense and mad, but is doing better lately. We are using less and less bottles every day.

How often is LO nursing? I try to nurse herat every feeding for as long as she will. About every 2-3 hours. She usually wants a bottle shortly after nursing, though.

How long does each feeding last on average? For a while they would last less than 5 minutes because she just hated it. Lately I have been getting a good 15 minutes out of her though.

Any thoughts on how/ when you're going to wean? Probably around a year. I wanted to do extended breast feeding but I'll be happy if I make it to 9 months.
TTC #2...and most likely our last baby.

Everleigh Alice Born 12/23/12 <3