View Single Post
April 7th, 2013, 08:48 AM
~Heather~
Typically I try to keep my opinion to myself, unless I've been asked or its an open conversation. Then I try to clear up misinformation and false statements by sharing simple scientific facts.

I've been in more than one group setting (baby shower, Tupperware party..) Where moms were raving on their epidurals and I just bit my tongue... And then someone pops in with "Heather is a doula and she has natural HOME births!" .....so with all eyes on me (some critical, some shocked, andsome intrigued) I just try to gently answer the big question they're all wanting to know; WHY?! And that's because, after doing a lot of research this was what my husband and I felt was the best option for our family. If further inquiries come, I answer them in a non judgmental, fact based manner. "Statistics show..."

Ultimately my biggest reason for going natural is a) I believe it is the safest and healthiest option for my baby. And b) women have been having natural births for as long as humans have been around. It just seems normal and right.