Topic: Shoulder Pain
View Single Post
April 7th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Pink in a house of Blue
I don't know if this is from exercising or a general injury.

Basically I have shooting pain in my left shoulder/upper arm when I lift it, more so when I lift it up out front (both straight and bent) when compared with to the side (which still hurts but not quite as much). And even more so with something (erm...someONE) in my arms.

So if you touch your shoulder....right at the height of your arm pit, and right about in the middle of your arm...that's where the pain is.

I don't want to go to the doctor if its something that will go away in a few days of rest, but it is SUPER hard to pick up Cam (he's almost 8 months, about 20lbs), and he's up every 2-3 hours at night to nurse, and I can barely pick him up out of the crib and arrange him to nurse. I don't want to aggravate it further. It started this afternoon. I was planning to do my workout this evening, so I hadn't done anything vigorous today other than grocery shopping and picking up Cam.

Has anyone had any similar type of injury and have any advice? If nothing improves by Wednesday morning, I plan to call the doctor.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014