View Single Post
April 7th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for your response, X. I've had him fully checked out by multiple doctors and there's nothing suggesting there's anything medically wrong with him. He wakes up every 2 hours on the dot at night like clockwork, which doesn't seem like pain/medical (which I would think would be more random). I've tried all sorts of stuff like a humidifier, saline spray in his nose/suctioning, elevating one side of the crib, gripe water, dietary eliminations, different feeding positions, sound machine, cosleeping. Gotta just keep trying, I think. I just don't get how he can take a 3.5 hour daytime nap and yet not go more than 2 hours at night.

My husband does his best to help. We tried having me sleep in another room and having DH give him a bottle at his first wakeup but he wouldn't take it (even though he takes a bottle fine other times). Typically what we do is have him take the baby after he nurses around 5am and then I sleep until 7:30, when he has to leave for work. That helps some. And then sometimes I'll just put my daughter in her room for nap and hope she's well-behaved or falls asleep so I can try to nap in the next room.

I do feel angry and regretful, but I would never take it out on him or anything. I just feel like I screwed up my life and our family.