View Single Post
April 7th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Veteran
Send a message via Skype™ to Pinkapple
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~Que~~ View Post
I am so glad you are doing better! Have you had your surgery yet?

I actually was diagnosed with SVT and WPW in 1997. I had the ablation surgery and it helped, but did not completely solve my problem. It doesn't seem to be an issue for the most part. My mother has the same thing and so do two of my kids. My mom has had the ablation, but the kids have not. We are watching and waiting.
I had my ablation surgery last Tuesday and am still recovering. I've had a lot of heart fluttering since the surgery but have yet to go back into SVT. My doctor believes that WPW is actually a very likely cause for all of the things I've experienced. The surgeon did make a comment that most women with SVT who have the ablation have more than one muscle band to burn in the heart, but I'm lucky to only have one.

The only disappointment is that the SVT is apparently not what caused the attack in the hospital. Even after the ablation, my heart rate is still abnormally fast and they are considering a heart monitor for a day or two so they can further examine everything. They suspect that it could be a thyroid condition. I am so fearful that Ryker will have SVT or WPW as well. It's probably not healthy for my mentality, but I often listen to his heart to make sure it's not beating irregularly. I'm just glad that I know what to look for. I hope he never has to deal with these icky heart issues :/

On the plus side, I can already tell a difference in my energy levels since the surgery. Not by much, but I do feel generally "better" I suppose. The only problem is that my legs are aching so badly still! I Hopefully after a couple of days I'll be back to normal and can finally resume life.

EDIT: I also had to stop breastfeeding unfortunately. I am by far NOT happy about that, but my body stopped producing milk entirely after the surgery. I had to pump for the first 24 hours afterwards because of medications, and pumping every hour only yielded 2 oz. After three days of attempting to nurse and also pump to increase production, I realized I was hardly producing anything at all. I tried mother's milk tea, supplements, oatmeal, drinking a TON of water...nothing seemed to help. :/ I'm very disappointed. Hopefully in the future I will have a much better experience....as for now, I can't even picture another baby after everything. I'd be perfectly fine with my little boy forever.

Last edited by Pinkapple; April 7th, 2013 at 05:56 PM.