View Single Post
April 8th, 2013, 05:35 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies!

Just wanted to share a few pics and an update. Things are going really really well. Grady is such a sweet baby. He was born at 6 lbs and started losing weight right after so they have been monitoring him really closely. We are feeding every two hours which is exhausting but worth it. At his doc appt today was the first time he's gained weight instead of losing. He is at 5 lbs 6 oz now and breastfeeding like a champ. Breastfeeding was a slow start at first but you have to stick with it and you and baby will learn together. I'm so happy my milk has come in and it has gotten easier. So far he has maintained low levels for jaundice which is such a relief.

My husband and I are so in love with this little man. I am so exhausted and emotional but it's the best kind of emotion. I'll write out my full birth story later, but it was 11 hours of labor. My induction started at 2:00 (water bag had a leak). Contractions got really bad at 4:00. I got my epidural at 6:00 and started pushing at 11:00. He was born at 1 AM. I feel really lucky to have progressed so quickly. Although I wanted an all natural birth I couldn't be happier. Recovery has been a breeze. I only had a small tear and I'm feeling almost 100% myself. Grady was a champ throughout the labor and we didn't have even one scare with his heart rate or anything.

Hope you are all doing well! I am so excited to see more May babies! Enjoy those bellies. I do miss being pregnant but it's so nice to hold my baby and have all the symptoms gone! I'll be checking in more often as we have less visitors and more down time. Also, thank you all again for your love and support. It was so fun checking in here and seeing all of your sweet messages!

xoxo!
Melissa

Last edited by NewlyMrs; April 8th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.