View Single Post
April 9th, 2013, 05:10 AM
Melissa
Thanks ladies! I had a terrific meeting with her last night and my DH said she is perfect. She is so easy going but not meek at all, I like that. What we liked best about what she discussed with us was that she would play the role that we needed her to play, and that we might not know what that is until the day of, but that she would help DH and I along as little or as much as we needed. She is also familiar with my practice and teaches hypnobirthing. I can't afford to do both (this birth is such a cash drain! ha) so I'm going to do my research and figure out how I want to proceed. She also only takes one mother a quarter because she does teach those classes and have a regular job, so she wouldn't have any "birth collisions" with other clients at all. She has back ups, though, that would come in case she was super sick (the only reason, she said, she wouldn't be able to attend and in that case I'd be glad she missed! ha). It was a great meeting. I think I want to work with her also because (total narcissistic alert haha) she is my age, also from the northeast and we seem to have a lot in common and we'd get along. Honestly though I don't meet a lot of people that have some of my kookier qualities and I think it's rare to hit it off like that!