View Single Post
April 9th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Semi-crunchy Mommy
She really needs to go see a perinatologist who has a good ultrasound machine. The one I went to go see was AWESOME. My OB has a really nice fancy one, but this one out-shone it by a mile. When I went to the emergency room, they couldn't even see the friggin' thing on theirs and it was enormous.

If it's behind the placenta, chances are, she'll bleed periodically until it's gone or reabsorbed or she delivers rather than the bleedathon I had. That's probably why she's having gushes sporadically.

There's also not a lot of research done on SCHs, especially in the second and third trimester, so it doesn't surprise me the doctor didn't tell you much. While I love that my midwife tried to not freak me out when I was diagnosed, I wish she would've just said, "look, there's a 50-50 chance of continuing this pregnancy" rather than finding things on google (which I do not recommend because people always post their horror stories, but never post their successes). There's a group on facebook she can request to join too ("Living with a Subchorionic Hematoma) that's been really helpful to me.

My Boring Blog