View Single Post
April 9th, 2013, 10:27 AM
TTC the newfashioned way
I lost 35 lbs years ago, and then gained it all back TTC. I've gained 40lbs (10 lbs a year!) from the stress of it all, I swear! I recently lost 15 before IVF...If I wasn't pg, I was going to be skinny was my new moto!

I think eating healthy, eating lots of veggies and fruit, to fill you up w/less calories and portion control (IE weight watchers) is a great way to go. I know they say don't diet when TTC, but honestly, I felt getting the weight off would help IVF go better than if I didn't try to lose some weight.

I am now the lowest weight I've been in 5 years...but I'm still 30lbs away from my ideal weight. I'm just trying to stay away from soda, diet soda and fake sugars, and fried foods.

You have to LIVE and feel good about yourself, so if dieting a little will do that for you, I'd say go for it. I put off losing weight for a long time because they always say it is bad to do when TTC, but I wish I hadn't waited because I didn't get pg and now I'd be even smaller and at a more healthy weight to hopefully start another pregnancy.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle