View Single Post
April 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Veteran
Hello, I am sorry to have this be my first post. I've been around the board for a little while, mostly a lurker and posting down in the Spiritual forum, but I could really use some help.

My youngest son is five years old and is in Pre K. The issue lately is his behavior, its had a sudden change the past month at school and now also showing up at home. He doesn't want to listen to his teachers...he use to be very good at that, he throws rocks outside (the small ones)...he's never done that before, spitting, also something he's never done. When I try to talk to him, or when his teachers do he pulls away, folds his arms and just doesn't want to have anything to do anything with us. He gets very upset and angry when one of his friends wont play with him, but his friend doesn't always want to play with him.

When he first started Pre K he was very shy and didn't really want to make friends. Before Christmas he made friends with one little boy and everything was going fine until the past month. All of this is new behavior and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why and what to do. He does get into trouble, such as being put in time out, but it seems as if talking to him, time outs, no special treats, just aren't working anymore. Nothing at home has changed, no moves, no new babies, no new tv shows. He has become more picky about eating, thats a battle in itself also. He does sleep all night and goes to bed around eight, gets up around six thirty.

Is this a stage? Should we go to his dr.? Should I find someone to take him to talk to? All these questions running through my mind right now. I have two older children (15/13) and a younger (4) that don't have any of the same issues that he does right now. I'm really don't know what to do at this point.