View Single Post
April 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtothe6thpower View Post
Congrats on your baby girl!!!

Have you read the birth story of Nella Cordelia? It's really quite beautiful and my be a good start in your search of finding others. Here's the link...
Enjoying the Small Things: Nella Cordelia: A Birth Story

When I found out one of my children had an illness that couldn't be cured. I felt scared, devastated, hurt, angry, completely helpless, etc. I know this isn't the same thing but I imagine that I (not sure about others) would feel the same things I felt at that time had I found out my baby had Down's. I spent a period of time grieving for the life I had dreamed my child would have had...the one where she didn't have to struggle. People made me feel guilty for it but I know now that it was normal. It was just part of moving on. I also know those feelings go away and usually faster than you think they will. Your love makes you strong and you begin arm yourself with knowledge. Next thing you know it just...'is what it is'....Life.

LOL! ~mommy~ beat me to it!!
yes I was that way when they diagnosed my 5th son with autism. I was lost for feelings and the way people were making it seem was that he would struggle. He has yet to struggle?? Anyways, I was devastated with the ultrasound results but I grew to accept it. I still am accepting it. I have a lot to read up on about this whole thing. I have read Nellas story many times befor I had even fell pregnant this time. Beautiful.
4 babies 94,95,99, 08~TL April 2003 & Sept 2013 TR May 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Blessed with 1 Autistic and 1 Down Syndrome child
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alyssa Marie Jade
September 1, 2013 @ 11:01pm 6lb 8oz & 18.5in
Emerg C Sec, Down Syndrome blessing, AVSD, Hirschsprungs, G tube
58 day NICU stay, Sept 1- Oct 29 2013