View Single Post
April 9th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranolaMama View Post
Hmm. I'm all for Home birth and agree with you - generally speakjng, hospitals are for sick people. I'm not opposed to unassisted, so long as the couple is truly educated and prepared, but pairing unassisted with the hospital being so far away would make me uncomfortable. If you were to have a midwife attend your home birth she would bring her experience and could help foresee complications before they are an emergency, and you would likely have plenty of time to transfer. On the other hand this is your third and you have a pretty good idea of how your body labors.. I'm no help. LOL!

How far is the birthing center from you?

the birth center and the hospital are on the same road, they are both about 1:20 driving the speed limit, but we can get down there in 40 minutes.

the only concern i have with UC'ing is the weather in December....it's early december, so it probably won't be bad, but in iowa you have no idea, ya know?.....we can't find a midwife we like to come to our area...we spoke with 1 that is 2 hours away and she was SO rude, she told me if i wanted to use her services i had to come to her house and give birth?! seriously?! what the heck? why would i drive 2 hours to give birth at her house, when i could drive an hour to a birth center? she was just rude

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth