View Single Post
April 9th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Veteran
I spent all last week really busy, tidying up, getting ready for my parents arriving from England. Hauling 50lb bags of animal feed about so we would have plenty of stock.

Friday afternoon my parents arrived and it was nice to just spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing.

Friday evening my 3rd grade son had a mother and son fun night at school... we ate dinner and headed out. We had tons of fun... building structures with toothpicks and gumdrops, scooter racing.... dodgeball... and ended the night with a hulahoop contest. Hmmmmm.... yes i did just say all those things.

We got home about 9pm, had a cup of tea, and then I was feeling quite tired, so I left everyone else watching a movie and went to bed. I had been in bed a little while when I needed to go to the bathroom. (TMI) I had a rather loose BM, and then went straight back to sleep.

My husband came to bed at 12.50 and woke me up getting into bed. I semi turned over, and POP! my water broke. I cleaned up and got back into bed (he was fast asleep snoring by then). I just laid in bed all night, waiting for something to happen, I had very mild contractions, but not many. By morning I was tired, and still not feeling much, contractions started to get regular, but very weak. They eventually became almost non existent. We just spent the day relaxing and waiting. contractions came back regular a few times, but very week.

At about 1.30pm on Saturday I noticed hat the amniotic fluid was slightly meconium tinged, so I called the hospital and they told me to come in. By 3:30 we we in the room getting hooked up and fluid checked, fluid check came back positive, so I was admitted. I was only 2cm.

I was actually having contractions every 7-9 mins but was only feeling about 1 out of 3 of them. I only dilated o 3 by 11:30. but stared feeling a lot more contractions by then.

I decided to get the epidural shortly followed by pit. After the pit was started the contractions started getting much more useful. And by 2am i was 6cm. Pain was extremely well managed.

We figured we would probably have a baby by 7am.

By 3:00 I was complete.

There were a few things that I really wanted, the first was to get the epidural working well before the pain was really bad (i dont do very well with pain), and also I wanted to let the baby descend after I was complete. Both these turned out to be standard practice. YAY!!!

We waited until 4am, by then the baby was WAY down, and I started pushing. I pushed through about 5 contractions, and 15mins later he was completely out.

James Ben, born at 4.15 am on the 7th, weighing 7lb 15oz (my second smallest baby) Agpars 9/9

VIRTUALLY NO PAIN THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE LABOR!!!

I couldn't have asked for anything better, the on call doctor was awesome, all the nurses were amazing, the hospital was perfect.
#1- dd17
#2- ds14
#3- ds9
#4- ds8

#5- dd6
#6-ds 1