View Single Post
April 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I had a boss several years ago that had 3 teenage daughters. All three were elective c-sections - and they were born in the 90's. I knew that elective c-sections were becoming more common, but I had no idea they were doing them back then. She thought it was the greatest thing in the world - you get to schedule the day you want your baby born, and with enough drugs you never felt a thing! She also had no interest in breastfeeding, and pretty much handed her daughters over to a nanny as soon as they were born. Unsurprisingly, she didn't have the greatest relationship with them. She chose c-section and no breastfeeding purely for cosmetic reasons.

I had DD when I was working there, and she was very vocal against my choice to have a home birth. She tried to convince me to go with the elective c-section for months, using every excuse from "Your husband will find you more attractive" to "You get an extra 2 weeks off work". She flat out told me I was being ridiculous and not to expect a medal of honour, just because I felt like I was better than her. She also told me that I'd seriously regret my choice afterward and she'd be waiting to tell me "I told you so".

Frankly she wasn't a very good boss, let alone a good person. Takes all sorts, I guess.