Topic: Meals/Snacks
View Single Post
April 10th, 2013, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I would just try to stick to a schedule with eating as much as possible, even if she whines about it. Maybe make a chart or something. My kids are in school 5 days a week so they are on a schedule for the most part...they eat breakfast at home (most days unless we run late then they eat at school), snack at 9:30 at school, lunch at around 12 at school, snack at 3pm at school and then they get home around 4;30 or 5 and we eat around 5:30 or 6. Neither of my kids are big dinner eaters though, they both eat great breakfasts and lunches though for the most part, so as long as they sit and try the food I am ok with it. Then they each get a healthy snack before bed.

Sam is a pretty decent eater, Sydney is super picky and eats like a bird, I really don't make food or mealtime a battle though because so long as she eats a fairly balanced diet, which she does, I am ok with her not wanting to eat/finish her dinner. IDK I just am LOL, I gave up the food fight/battle long ago....but our issue is more about not eating much rather than always being starving. At any rate I would guess when she starts school she will naturally adjust to the new schedule within a few days, kids tend to adapt quicker than we think they will!