View Single Post
April 10th, 2013, 01:31 PM
CopperBoom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepmom2Be View Post
He and I just had a hug war. I hugged him goodnight and he wouldn't let go. He told me I am the best mom ever. He told me he loves me so much. I squeezed him tight and told him I love him so much and I am so proud of him because he has grown up into such a polite and wonderful boy. I went to stand up and he held on and I lifted him off the bed because he held on so tight. He and I have a very special bond. I have spent a LOT of time with him in the last two years, and I genuinely care about him. It is not about proving her wrong, or trying to be a better parent. It is about doing what is best for that little boy asleep 20 feet from me who just wants a normal life. And that is my main focus.
I completely understand how you feel That's so much how I feel about my DSD. I know that her mother loves her dearly, I do, but I love her with a ferocious mother love as well. And I want to do anything to make her happy and healthy and to thrive. I want to cross anyone who does anything to make her life anything less than what she deserves, and the times when it's her own mother bringing her down are the hardest.