View Single Post
April 10th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Super Mommy
I agree that there's no 'perfect time' to have a baby-- I got pregnant with my daughter just before my husband and I were leaving to go overseas where I had a scholarship for a year. W went anyway, and when we came back he started grad school. We were crazy poor, but somehow we managed to get by and we're so happy and thankful we had our daughter when we did. We've never looked back, even though we were sure at the time that we wanted to wait a number of years before having kids.

I think it won't be a big deal for you to go to grad school as planned. I know frequently universities have great, affordable daycare centers on campus for students with kids, and I'm sure yours does too. You and your bf can work to coordinate schedules when possible. You can also take advantage of assistance programs and I'm sure you'll make it through fine -- it will be hard work, but isn't all of life ?

Anyway, I know for sure that when you first feel that first flutter of movement of your little son or daughter it will rock your world and there is no way you're going to regret it. Best wishes and let us know what you find out tomorrow!