Topic: Meals/Snacks
View Single Post
April 11th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Mylene - what's your meal structure like? Do you eat as a family? I know your DH is on shift, so I'm assuming it would just be yourself with the girls at supper time, but do you eat with them? think it's important to have structure like that around your meals and it also helps when the child can learn by example from watching how/what their parent is eating. They use that concept in daycares around here where the teachers eat the same meal as the children at the table at the same time, for the purpose of helping to educate good eating habits, so I figure there must be something to it. There are rare occasions where we have to feed Aidan by himself and those are almost always the least successful meals and usually when I need to default to mac 'n cheese.

We struggle with proteins here too, he is just not a fan of meat and since supper is usually built around a protein, that meal is our toughest. Fortunately, he's developed a real liking for eggs. Does Kaija like eggs? We even do breakfast for supper once a week or so. Since he loves breakfast food anyway, it's a good opportunity to have an easy meal centred around eggs and it's a bit of a novelty for Aidan.