View Single Post
April 11th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Just Rachel
Send a message via Yahoo to Rachel
Dead.

Last night with the weather being so nice, I put the gate up on the deck to keep the kids on the deck. I had the deck door opened and I was in the dining area sweeping up their dinner mess. Sarah was there too, but neither one of us were on the deck, but we could see them.

I looked up from using the dust pan and discover that Keelan had climbed up and over the deck railing and was hanging on, about to drop to the ground (about 4 or 5 feet up). He's excited with himself, too. I scream, drop the broom and dust pan (sending food that I just swept up all over the floor, but who cares, right?) and ran the 3 or 4 feet to try to grab him and bring him back over the railing. As I reached for him he let go and dropped to the ground or into a bush, actually. You could see the look on his face when his feet didn't immediately hit ground that he had bitten off more than he could chew, but it was too late.

He cried, and got a few scratches, but otherwise, he is totally fine. Scared the crap out of him, but I doubt seriously that he'd think twice about doing it again. Me? Yeah, no kids on the deck. Ever.