View Single Post
April 12th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Breastfeeding can be really hard at first. I am not sure that we prepare new moms for how difficult it can be in the beginning while mom and baby are learning. I know that I felt prepared, but I was still shocked by how hard it was and how much it hurt. I am very serious when I say that it took 3 adult hands to get my daughter to latch correctly for the first couple of weeks. When I was in the hospital I called in a nurse or lactation consultant for almost every feeding and I had them teach my husband how to help. When we got home he had to help me with every single latch for a week or so. After that things did get progressively easier and at a certain point it was much easier than I imagined bottle feeding to be. But those first few weeks were tough.

If you want to keep at trying BFing then see if there are nurses or a lactation consultant at the hospital who can help you (multiple times if possible). If pumping and bottle feeding is working better then do that. Or if you decide that formula would be the best, do that.