View Single Post
April 12th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Questions!

Do you have a favorite day of the week? Why is it that day? Saturday - Because that is usually the only day that DH and I can stay in bed in the morning and cuddle.

Have you ever been on a train? Yes, for a short jaunt about 20 miles up the track.

Do you want to bring your kids up in the Christian path or Pagan path? I want them to be brought up open minded so that they can figure out what path speaks to them the best. I am teaching them about other religions including Taoist, Buddhist, Muslim, and Pagan. DH is teaching Christianity them along with taking them to a Lutheran Church (that I go with them on Sundays and the Pastor knows I'm Pagan). But I REALLY want to teach them to have an open mind and be comfortable enough in themselves to follow the path that calls to them.

What are your 2 top goals to complete this year? Another successful VBAC and to get another book written (short story or full novel).

Favorite color of the rainbow? Purple

Sunset or sunrise? Sunset - I'm so NOT a morning person!

Favorite meal to make your family? Roast beef, mashed potatoes and gravy

What would you tell your 16 year old self? It gets better! Don't rush into anything without really thinking it through. People come into our lives to teach us lessons, you're going to have to learn your fair share but in the end it's all worth every second of misery so don't be too hard on yourself.

What is your "favourite" part about paganism? I guess it's the freedom I feel to open myself without feeling condemned.

What song makes you dance? I really don't have a song that makes me dance but right now on Pandora it's Maroon 5 that's my go-to-feel-good music.

Describe your ideal day - My ideal day, huh? Cuddling with DH and the boys until 9 or 10a, shower, lunch that I don't have to cook or clean up after, a nap with the boys in the afternoon, dinner that I don't have to cook or clean up after, and cuddling with DH watching a movie once the boys go to bed. If I could fit a couple hour ride on my mare in there too, I'd be happy.

Are you interested in a particular strand or strands of Paganism or are you more eclectic/exploring? I'm pretty eclectic. I work with Thor, Loki, Odin, Isis, and Anubis quite a bit and enjoy working with them… I'm honestly open to wherever my path is leading me.

What was your favourite thing about church growing up? Getting to see my Grandma Rita. She was my mom's best friend's mom so we really only saw her at church or holidays…

And what bit(s) did you really not feel comfortable with? I didn't feel comfortable with any of it really. I didn't like the fact that I felt like if I didn't follow what the preacher was saying that I would be condemned. I didn't like the idea that there was only one god who I was taught was cruel and unforgiving in one moment but loving and benevolent in the next. I guess I really didn't feel comfortable with any of it, it never made sense to me.

What ideas do you have for names for your summer baby? We have a list of some names for both boys and girls but we are pretty set on Danielle Elise if it is a girl… If it's a boy, well we will be taking the list of names with us to the hospital because we can't decide on a boy name.

Have you dreamed of your baby or do you have any intuitions about their personality etc? I've had very few dreams this time. I do think that this is another boy, I will honestly be shocked if it is a girl. I have this feeling that this baby is going to be laid back like Mer was but as it gets older it will be a little more feisty.

What would Robbie, Bryce and Merrick have been named if they'd been girls? Robbie would've been Elise May, Bryce and Merrick would've been Danielle Elise.

How many children would you like to have altogether? This is it… We are done with this one. So 4 total. I've been so sick with morning sickness this time around that I just can't deal physically with having another. I don't want to put my body through it again.

What was your first horse named and what was he/she like? Lewi - He was a pure bred Arabian and the reason I fell in love with Arabs. He was lovable and calm and always had his face in mine… I wish that he hadn't been beaten by the trainer we sent him to because he would've been such a fantastic guy. Here's a pic of me with Lewi…

How old were you when you first learned to ride a horse? I was 3 or 4 when I started to ride.

Do you consider the horse to be one of your power animals? For sure!

What do you predict each of your kids will be when they grow up? Robbie's going to end up being an engineer of some type… He loves to know the hows and whys of the way things work and go together. Bryce is probably going to end up being a rancher or farmer. He is the kid that is into the animals and wants to ride with me all the time. Merrick is going to be like Bryce I think. He might do more with Animal Science stuff (vet type stuff) than Bryce but he's going to be involved with animals somehow. I would not be surprised if at least Bryce and Merrick end up being in EMS and Robbie ends up being one of the Medical Examiners in the county.

What's your favourite time of the week with your boys? Friday nights. That's our night to cuddle and hang out without having to hurry to bed for school the next day.

What's your favourite activity to do with the whole family? Go camping with our RV. We got the RV last year and hit a couple state parks and camped overnight. It was a lot of fun with just us and the kids. I think we're going to do it for Mother's Day if the snow goes away and it warms up a bit here.

What was your experience with Christian education? It was a great education - totally worth every cent my mom paid since it was private schooling. I wasn't real thrilled with the Christianity being shoved down my throat but it gave me a good understanding of the religion. The High School I went to strives on not only educating about Christianity but also other religions so I was exposed to multiple religions and their teachings. I was honestly VERY lucky to have the educational experiences I did in regards to religion which made understanding my path a lot easier.

Do your boys show any interest in religion or spirituality? Robbie is starting to… He's starting to question things and we are encouraging him to ask the questions he wants answers to. He's asked me why I don't go for communion and stuff like that during church. Once we get home I talk to him about it. I am quite excited that Robbie is at the questioning everything stage! DH actually is questioning things too which is good for him. Bryce isn't quite at the questioning stage yet, he's still blindly doing what he is told that he should do. His time will come though. And Merrick is still too young to even know the difference.

What is your best quality? Honestly, I think it changes from day to day. Without trying to sound conceited, one of my best qualities, I think, is that I am big-hearted. I tend to try to go out of my way for my friends even if they haven't for me.

If you could have ONE big dream in life come true, what would it be? I'd like to have my working ranch complete with beef cattle and my horses.

When your life is chaotic, what is your method for finding peace? Meditation. Even if it's 5 minutes, it helps me center myself and helps me remember that life is a series of events that we don't necessarily control.

Terri - you and all of his nurses and NA's say the same thing LOL! He has all the ladies fawning over him and it embarrasses him because my Grandma was his one and only love... Still is after 18 years of her being gone.

Last edited by lhug_nar; April 12th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.