View Single Post
April 12th, 2013, 11:50 AM
(formerly junie22)
8 months & 3 days old

Jack has had a great first week with the in-laws. He's not being fussy for SIL, except for sometimes in the afternoon. That's always his fussy period, even for me. SIL learned quickly to just schedule a walk for that time of day. He loves being outside, and it distracts him from fussiness. Yesterday, they went out to the pool, not inside the pool, just the pool area. Another woman and her 1-year-old and 3-year-old were out there. Apparently, Jack had a blast playing with the 3-year-old boy, who just thought Jack was adorable.

Jack is eating solids really well for SIL too. It's amazing what a distraction-free environment will do for a baby! He's also exclusively napping in his crib, even when I put him down. For 3 1/2 months, DH insisted that Jack would wake up every single time he tried to put him down. I'm thinking, more and more, that DH just liked Jack sleeping on him and/or was afraid that Jack would wake up and just didn't try. Whatever the case, Jack is doing fine with napping in his crib, as long as we take the time to make sure he's really asleep first.

I'm really looking forward to my weekend with the little guy because I've missed my visits with him during the day. Sacrificing those, however, is definitely worth it. SIL and BIL are also looking forward to getting out and doing some fun stuff this weekend. They're planning to go to Griffith Park for a hike on Saturday, and I'm not sure what they have planned for Sunday (probably the beach since they love it there).

BIL already has an interview scheduled for next week. He's also gotten the ball rolling on a couple of California-specific certifications that most jobs in his field will require. I figured he'd want to take at least this first short week to just relax a bit, but he's eager to get started with work. This particular job for which he's interviewing doesn't pay as well as he would expect (nor what he was making in Texas), but he said it's a good start until he finds a better job. And it also comes with a good benefits package. So hopefully he gets it!

I hope to swing by Carter's on my way home from work to pick up a "Grandma is the Best" onesie. I want to take a pic of Jack wearing it and then frame it in some "grandma" picture frames as part of the Mother's Day gifts for our moms. And I must take his 8-month pics as well, hopefully this afternoon!