View Single Post
April 12th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
It may either be that Jack just won't do it for William or he's not trying hard enough. I love having Sean sleep on me and he'll often fall asleep while nursing and I'll just leave him so Sean does better when other people transition him to some sleeping surfaces (like the car seat or the swing) than me.

That's great it's working out so well with your SIL helping out. I'm sure it's a double-edged sword for you. I noticed a big difference in how Sean did with the various situations we've been in over the past week.

Sean was old enough that he did some playing while on the plane when we flew. I had my diaper bag with a few toys that I knew he'd love in any situation and nursed him to sleep after we boarded. He slept half the way and then was wide awake. It was much easier on the flight down to FL when we had the empty seat between us and I could lay Sean down on that seat to play vs. when we were right next to each other. I sat in a window seat and Sean liked looking out the window when it wasn't too sunny for his eyes. He didn't exactly time his nursing with the take off and landings so a binky helped and giving him a link to chew on helped, too. My friend is flying out here with her 8 month old on Monday and I can let you know how it goes with her.

I hope your BIL finds a good job soon!