View Single Post
April 12th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm glad to hear you are going to give it another shot once your milk comes in. I just don't want you to regret your decision. With my first, I gave up breastfeeding in the hospital. We tried a few times and my son was just completely impatient and would throw huge fits. It was frustrating and I never received much help. I was satisfied to pump for a week to relieve any engorement and give him what I pumped. It was so painful waiting for my milk to dry up.

I eventually ended up completely regretting my urge not to try a little harder with him. I went in with the idea that I would "try" to breastfeed, if it didn't work...it was no biggie. Once I learned I had flat nipples, gave up the feeding, several months later I really REALLY regretted that I so easily gave up. I have tried harder with each pregnancy and this time around I am hoping that we get it down. Aaron has a much better latch than any of his brothers ever did.

With my first I wasn't a part of any forums, nor did I have any breastfeeding friends. My mother never breastfed, my MIL did but it had been so long that I didn't have any help or encouragement. You have this forum of ladies who have all been there and succeeded, just ask and you have many that can give great advice!

Good luck!

Mommy to 4 boys