Topic: Qotd - 2/11
View Single Post
April 13th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have a phobia when it comes to doctors. And where as hospitals are concerned, I'm fine with visiting someone but terrified to be a patient myself. My dh understands me more than I do and did all the research for me to find me the perfect midwife! No anxiety about working with her. She trusts my body to birth my baby as it was designed.

I wasn't comfortable enough the first time around to birth at home (felt my house was too small and I needed room to breathe). This time we are going forward with a homebirth and are getting excited! I'm glad to skip the car ride to the birth center as well.

No one in my family or social circle has worked with a midwife or had a homebirth. But everyone was either accepting of our decision or kept quiet with their opinion. I believe one can have a natural and welcoming warm birth in a hospital setting, but it really is a gamble to get the natural-friendly staff while you are a patient there. At home, you are in control of who is around you so you know they are warm and welcoming and supportive.